Monday 26 November 2007

Carer stress

Please ignore my previous entry for I made some grammar mistakes... Just read the following instead. thanks
What will be the best strategies we can use if some patient's carer showed signs of carer stress (abusing verbally to patient and complianing about slow progress of patient and blaming staff for doing their job). These was what I encountered in my neuro prac.I felt really nervous when the carer stood aside watching me treating his wife. Lucky enough, nothing happened that afternoon, he was quiet through the session. But what happen if the patient's carer started to interfere with our treatment...what strategies we can use to handle the situation? do we just clear the patient's carer from the sene or do we stop the treatment and discuss the issue with the carer? Is there any support/service available for patient's family to relief their carer stress?

No comments: