Monday 11 June 2007

Frontal lobe behaviours

I have been treating a young pt who is currently displaying sometimes inappropriate frontal lobe bahaviours, secondary to a MVA. Whilst I get along with him really well and tend to brush over his poor behaviour, some staff members do not like his behaviour at all and are quite rude to him. In their defence, I can totally understand how the pts behaviour could be deemed offensive. But, this made me think if pts have little idea/control over what they are saying when they are agitated, is it really right to yell at them. On the other hand, if you casually tell them off (my approach), are they not going to realise that their behaviour is not on and therefore continue to act inappropriately towards people?. Any thoughts?

1 comment:

wemadeit said...

Depends on the severity. But, if you can build a rapport with him, maybe he will love you and listen to you:) Find out his weakness:) Frontal lobes/dementia etc any cross overs to mental area are my headaches, to be honest.