Tuesday 12 June 2007

issue on debates

Being at prac, I have the chance to approach many physios (who are not my supervisors) and many of whom are friendly enough to talk with you about the treatment technique they used etc... As a physio student, I already have my opinion on what techniques are superior than others. So when some other physio saying opposite opinions to mine, I really feel I want to defense my opinion but being a student (and someone from chinese background) I dont really feel comfortable to challange someone who are much older than me and had heaps of experience in their area. So I just smiled it off-but I felt bad because I betrayed my heros (creators of those techniques) in my heart. So shall I just stand out for my heros or shall I just stay quiet as usual? Shall I start showing my character now or shall I hide it until I am out :-) any thought will be appreciated.

1 comment:

rowan said...

Hey man, I can see where you're coming from. Some supervisors or senior physio's I've come across seem to have their preferred and not so preferred techniques (pet hates). I'm sure I'll even develop my own little habits and preferences as a clinician but I think you should stick to your guns. As long as you can reason why your doing what your doing I have no problems. From what I've seen of you, you are a very smart physio and not everyone will always agree but it doesn't mean your technique is wrong. You have a very strong passion for musculo and Mr Mulligan (our hero) would be very impressed. Keep up the good work!